-- Store Manager --
Growers Supply Company Limited, a long established supplier of agricultural, nursery and garden center products is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual as a full-time Store Manager at our Kelowna location.
We are looking for a talented store manager to assign and direct all work performed in our largest location and to supervise all areas of operation. The Store Manager will manage the warehouse and counter sales staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper store operation. The Store manager must endorse safe work practices and ensure they are followed in this fast paced and very busy environment. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
Store Manager Responsibilities?
• Understand, support, and enforce proper company operations, and safe policies and procedures
• Inventory Management
• Adhere to procedures regarding transportation of dangerous goods
• Oversee receiving and dispatch of goods
• Monitor and control employee work schedules to ensure adequate staffing
• Respectfully provide coaching and feedback for staff members
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion in carrying out all managerial duties
• Assist Store Operations Manager and General Manager in all aspects of managerial duties as required
• Bring out the best of the branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
• Manage the security and safety of the property by implementing and maintaining security and safety policies and procedures. Alerts staff of any changes.
• Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
Store Manager Accountabilities/Qualifications?
• Ability to build a professional rapport with all departments, employees, and managers
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional manner
• Ability to manage multi-functional tasks
• Computer/Operating System experience
• Inventory management skills
• Excellent verbal, verbal written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Must possess leadership and supervisory skills
• Proven knowledge of our industry
• Proven management experience
• Enjoys hands-on management style by working on the floor with the team as required
• Irrigation knowledge is a strong asset
• 3-5 years of management and leadership experience
• Be required to obtain a criminal record check
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel to other locations if needed
How To Apply?
Growers Supply Co. Ltd. offers a competitive salary/wage. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com quoting Full-time Store Manager in the subject line. Growers Supply Co. Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
-- Cold Storage Operator South --
The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 500 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is currently looking for a motivated, team player, who is committed to quality service as a Cold Storage Operator in our Southern district working in Summerland, Oliver, and Osoyoos.
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
• Monitor plant refrigeration facilities and equipment in cold storage areas and controlled atmosphere rooms
• Work on and assist in the installation and maintenance of numerous electrical or pressure-operated controls pertinent to all systems;
• Required to interpret system performance, diagnose faults and perform effective follow-up
• Keep in consistent communication with Management regarding issues, projects and timelines
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
• Valid Refrigeration Operators ticket is mandatory
• Possess experience working with ammonia as a refrigerant
• Technical knowledge to assist in a multitude of assignments with or without direct supervision
• Safety conscious
• Available to work a variety of shifts and hours including weekends and evenings in any of the facilities and be on-call when required by the employer in the geographical area
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Please note the wage for this position is $23.39/hour day shift, and $24.39/hour night shift.
How to apply?
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Cold Storage Operator South in the subject line. BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.