Looking for an exciting new opportunity to jump start your career? BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is seeking motivated hard-working Journeyman Millwrights to join our team in our Kelowna/Winfield Northern district or in our Oliver/Osoyoos Southern district.
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by over 500+ fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, has approximately 450 employees, and operates multiple packing and storage facilities.
The Journeyman Millwright will be primarily responsible for ensuring equipment reliability/availability, and will ensure that all equipment is maintained at such a level to meet operating demands, production levels, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoot, repair, install and maintain packaging equipment with or without supervision
• Responsible for welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment
• Proper maintenance and service of all aspects of fruit packing lines in accordance with BCTF and Worksafe BC policy and procedures.
• Ability to follow and apply all welding applications as needed
• Keep neat and accurate records of all aspects of maintenance
• Communicate with management and fellow employees regarding issues, projects and timelines
• Must hold a valid Journeyman Millwright ticket
• Possess the technical knowledge to undertake any assignment without direct supervision
• Must be familiar with and able to work around hydraulic, electrical, compressed air and mechanical systems
• Keeps safety as a top priority and works diligently to ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to
How to apply?
Please submit your application to email@example.com quoting Journeyman Millwright and either Northern or Southern district in the subject line.
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Cold Storage Operator
The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 500 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is currently looking for motivated, team players, who are committed to quality service as a Cold Storage Operator in our Northern district working in both Winfield and Kelowna or in our Southern district working in both Oliver and Osoyoos locations.
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
• Monitor plant refrigeration facilities and equipment in cold storage areas and controlled atmosphere rooms
• Work on and assist in the installation and maintenance of numerous electrical or pressure-operated controls pertinent to all systems;
• Required to interpret system performance, diagnose faults and perform effective follow-up
• Keep in consistent communication with Management regarding issues, projects and timelines
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
• Possess experience working with ammonia as a refrigerant
• Technical knowledge to assist in a multitude of assignments with or without direct supervision
• Valid Refrigeration Operators ticket (5th Class Power Engineer min)
• Safety conscious and physically fit
• Available to work a variety of shifts and hours including weekends and evenings in any of the facilities and be on-call when required by the employer in the geographical area
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
How to apply?
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Cold Storage Operator North or South in the subject line. BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.