Computer Technician 1
BC Tree Fruits Limited (BCTF) and Okanagan Tree Fruit Cooperative (OTFC) is owned by over 580 fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, has approximately 600 employees, and operates 4 packing and 8 storage facilities. We are looking for an outstanding individual for the entry level role of Computer Technician 1 to work out of our Kelowna head office.
The successful applicant will report to the Computer Systems Administrator and will have the following key accountabilities:
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain computer hardware and software systems;
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain local / wide area network hardware and software;
- Configure, monitor and maintain backup systems;
- Travel to various industry locations in the Okanagan Valley as required;
- Maintain data, voice and wireless communications systems;
- Train and educate BCTF and OTFC user base on using the computer resources available to them;
- Assist other members of department as needed.
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking;
- Experience with Linux operating systems would be an asset;
- Experience with local / wide area network hardware, protocols etc. would be an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Solid communication skills;
- Degree, diploma or equivalent in Computer Information Systems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We would like to thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit your application and cover letter, quoting competition: Computer Technician,
with your salary expectations by May 3, 2013 to:
BC Tree Fruits Ltd.
1473 Water Street
Kelowna, BC V1Y 1J6